Yes, Jesus is coming soon. We don't know the day nor the hour, nor does Jesus know the day nor the hour, only God the Father.
In Jewish tradition when a son ( the Son) is betrothed to his (His) bride (the Church), he (He) must wait for his (His) father (Father) to decide when he (He) goes to pick up his (His) bride (the Church). When the father (Father) makes that decision, a wedding party accompanies the son (Son) to pick up his bride (the Church) and she (the Church) hears a trumpet blast three times. The bride (the Church) must be ready at all times since she (the Church) does not know when the groom (Jesus) will come.
On way to altar, Jews had to pass through 4 stages:
1. The engagement: Betrothed while still children, marriage was arranged by father's, and children had no say.
2. The betrothal: Marriageable age was between 12 and 18. A contract was drawn and signed. The contract included dowries and gifts that would be exchanged.
3. The Ceremony: Usually about a year later, the dazzling groom would lead his wedding party to the bride, who was to be ready at all times, since she did not know when he was coming. He took her back to his house for the ceremony.
4. The Celebration: The wedding feast often lasted 7-14 days, and the couple remained there throughout. The 10 virgins represent those who know that Jesus will soon be returning for them. 5 are prepared and 5 are not, and at midnight when they shout that the groom was here, sadly those who were unprepared, were left. (Matt 25:1)(Matt 25:2-4)(Matt 25:5-9)
"Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming." (Matt 25:13)
Four Life-or-Death principles:
1. Preparation is an individual responsibility! We are responsible for our hearts.
2. No warning will precede Christ's arrival: "Of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone." (Matt 24:36)
3. If you are not ready, there is no alternative. You are just left. Neither your moral reputation, your church affiliation, nor your charitable deeds will get you into heaven. However,
"If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved." (Rom 10:9)
4. The time to prepare is now: You must trust Jesus for your salvation, and heed God's calling to you to be made righteous (saved). All you need is a sincere heart to qualify.)
That day is fast approaching. Will you be ready?
Those who are not ready will face horrors like the world has never known since the beginning of time, and ultimately end up with Satan in the Lake of Fire forever and ever. Although there will be martyrs coming out of the Tribulation, there will not be another opportunity for those who have already heard and rejected Christ before the Rapture came. Although some pastors are teaching that there is, they are either incorrect, or preaching falsely.
...is not based on imagination;
...will not be a relief from this world;
...You will not be with friends; and
...NO ONE can pray you out of there.
...There is no such place as purgatory,
...There is no such thing as reincarnation,
...There is no chance for any relief.
Dante wrote this inscription over the gates of hell in his epic poem, "The Inferno":
"I am the way into the city of woe.
I am the way to a forsaken people.
I am the way into eternal sorrow...
Only those elements time cannot wear
Were made before me, and beyond time I stand.
Abandon all hope ye who enter here."
Puritan preacher Thomas Hooker explained hell this way:
"Conceive thus much, if all the diseases in the world did seize on one man, and if all torments that all the tyrants in the world could devise were cast upon him, and if all the creatures in heaven and earth did conspire the destruction of this man; and if all the devils in hell did labor to inflict punishments upon him, you would think this man to be in a miserable condition. And yet all this is but a beam of God's indignation. If the beams of God's indignation be so hot, what is the full sum of his wrath, when it shall seize upon the soul of a sinful creature in full measure?"
And the Bible says this about the rich man who went to hell:
"And in Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and saw Abraham far away, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried out and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue; for I am in agony in this flame. But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, in order that those who wish to come over from here to you may not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us." Luke 23-26 (NKJ)
Friends, Jesus loves you with all His heart. He gave His life that you might be saved from eternal hell. He suffered untold agonies on the cross so that you might be made righteous, and justified by His Grace, but He cannot come into your heart without your invitation. Won't you ask Him in? Won't you join us in the soon coming rapture as His bride?
"And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, 'behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes, there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying; and there shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." Revelations 21:3,4
To be made righteous by His Grace (saved) just say this little prayer. All that is required is a very sincere heart.
Dear Jesus: I believe you died on the cross for me. I also believe that you fought Satan for the keys of hell and WON. I believe that you then rose to sit at the right hand of the Father. Please be my Savior. Thank you, Jesus